Saturday, July 25, 2009

Repost:Code of Silence Investigation into the Death of Harley Fading From Memory

This post was published on the July 23rd, 2009 section of ...And Justice For All. I am reposting because it got lost rather quickly behind a number of other posts. I do so not because it is so well written, researched or artistic; rather, I do so because it is, in my view, important:

http://andjusticeforall-calgary.blogspot.com/2009/07/code-of-silence-investigation-into.html


As a citizen, I am demanding an update on this investigation!!! I have been combing newspapers and internet, intensely interested in some kind of further comment from Calgary's Polcie force into the alleged attack by one of its members -- who despite the many suspects who are actually named in the papers, remains anonymous. In so doing, I came across this comment by Tom Short -- who was allegedly present when Harley was killed:

http://communities.canada.com/vancouversun/blogs/soundoff/archive/2009/07/08/434439.aspx

I was there on Holiday from Los Angeles with my wife and son. Harley did not attack the Police Officers dog. Harley had a black ball in his mouth and it was lying about 10 inches from his mouth in the street where he died. My son works at a Veterinarian Hospital here in Los Angeles and we tried to help but it was evident that Harley died instantly as he deficated on the spot.The officer knew that he killed Harley and he said he deserved it. He left the scene even though he was asked to stay to speak to the authorities. If it was a justified killing-why didn't he stay? Obviously a dog should be on a leash, but this guy was way out of line. He also knew we were looking for him and he was hiding. He only came forward because he saw flyers all over the place and knew he'd eventually be caught. This Police Officer is either a loose cannon or at the very least needs serious training because he didn't assess the situation like a professional. I told the police officers that responded to mention in the report that Harley had a ball in his mouth. They said it was a valid and very important factor that would indicate that he wasn't attacking. They said it would be in the report. I hope it is. I read that the officer was commended for coming forward after 2 days of letting people suffer. The acting Deputy Chief needs to rethink how to approach this situation. I belive the Calgary Humane Society /SPCA has a picture of Harley lying in the gutter with the ball next to his mouth. I hope this story doesn't die away. I love Canadians and you deserve to have only the finest Police Officers.

The first post ever published on this blog related to the death of Harley. In that post, I suggested in the title that perhaps it would be a "token investigation".

http://andjusticeforall-calgary.blogspot.com/2009/07/token-investigation-investigation-into.html

As each day passes, and as Harley's death at the hands of the anonymous boy in blue fades from memory due to the passage of time, it becomes more a certainty that I was right....



If Tom Short is right, however, then it appears that we may have a CRIMINAL law enforcement officer walking in our midst? Sleep well Calgarians.... you are safe... sleep well....

David G. Chow
Calgary Criminal Defence Lawyer



http://www.calgarydefence.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment